In today’s tech-savvy world, everyone has become smarter with the deluge of smart devices. Be it the smartphone in your pocket, smartwatch on your wrist, Alexa or Google Home in your apartment, technology has come a long way. But when it comes to your children, have you ever analyzed that are Smart devices really making your kid Smart?! This debate on Smart Devices – Good or Bad for your Children , really needs your introspection.
Nowadays, a child spends more of his time with the smartphone than you, the parent.
The parent also seems comfortable handing smartphones to their kids, merely 3+ years of age!! What does such a tiny toddler know about its pros-cons, what to see and what not! Parents must ask – Are Smart Devices – Good or Bad for your Children !?
Smart Devices – Good or Bad for your children?
#Pros of smart devices for your children:
- Kids learn very fast- by imitation, by experimenting, by just watching! Smart devices like smartphones and tablets can be helpful to kids for making them learn something valuable- the nursery rhymes, art and craft activities, dance steps, assistance to their projects and assignments and what not! Even Alexa can sing a lullaby for your kid now. Watch out!!
- Using smart devices for providing EDUTAINMENT- Education+ Entertainment, is its perfect use. Children love to learn for fun. Your child can probably play games on them, which do not provoke him towards violence and aggression, but towards knowledge and skills.
- The Internet is a vast ocean of knowledge and information. Smart devices act as a pathway towards it. For instance: “What’s the capital of Italy?” “Okay Google!” And wooh! Your Google will give you the answer. Smart devices are smart iff you, as a parent, teach your kids to use it smartly!
# Cons of smart devices for your children:
Now comes the basic point- in fact, the zest of today’s reality – the cons! Everything is a boon if used in its limit. In this section, probably you’ll get the answer- Smart devices-Good or Bad for your children?
- Smart devices, phones tablets are often used as bribery by parents. Want your kid to finish his dinner, give him a smartphone. Want your child to complete his homework, give him a smartphone. Want your child to do this or that, just give him a smartphone. Undoubtedly the aforementioned is the harsh reality of today ‘s parents.
- Many kids and even teenagers play online games on these smart devices. Be it the Go-Pokemon, Blue-Whale Challenge or even the in-trend PUB-G, aren’t these games evoking the anger, violence, and aggression in their young and mild heart. Check it out, what your kid is doing with your/ his smartphone!!
- Nowadays, parents tend to give smart devices to kids at an early stage. Watching a 3-year old playing a game on a bright screen is so common. But they neglect the fact that this bright light is so harmful to their kids’ eyes. The young mind gets exposed to the negative influence at a tender age!! Isn’t this the killing of their innocence?!- The thought parents must take care of.